Sunday, October 18, 2009

My course turned out to be awesome

My fellow readers, i have spent a lot time thinking about my course and if its the right course for me. Last year i completed a Diploma of Visual art and i absolutely loved it. And i remember my thoughts about before i started visual arts i was disappointed that i didn't get into RMIT's fine art course, which i really wanted more than anything at the time. But then got into Visual arts and realized it was where i needed to be at the time.
So you can see why i have been thinking if i should i have continued with my art and gone into fine art or illustration. What made me pick a Writing and Publishing degree? is what i'm asking myself. The last thing i remember about my Visual art course was, i was creating artwork with text and poems and stories built in it. I liked writing and making up stories for my little cousins so i thought id try a fresh start and apply for NMIT's writing and publishing degree.
But even though i was doing one love i really missed the other aspect of my life i new so well. My art and creativity. I still draw and stuff but its not the same i feel a little disconnected with the art world.
Until amazingly this happened last week in Paul's design class we where working on book cover and interior design and it made me feel like i was in a Vis-com design class. It was the best feeling ever. I went home that night and revised all my design notes and gathered examples.
Iv also started to think, that maybe in the future being a Vis-Com teacher is not a bad idea. I love the subject content and understand it fully. But id just like to say that my course turned out to be awesome!
Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counter

Website counter